Friday, March 4, 2011

It's all in the name

Okay, Claudia, just for you...
What in the world would "minipretties" have to do with a family of 5, 2 dogs and a cat living in the country, in a corner of southwestern Wyoming?  Here it is, in case you were wondering as well.  ;)


Minipretties is something that started for me several years ago.  It is the name of my little Etsy shop as well and yes, there is a connection here.  If you take a spool of sewing thread, a crochet hook that you can barely see the hook on and a whole lot of patience, well, you come up with "Mini Pretties" for doll's houses.  There it is, that's really the entire story behind the name.  So, what all has been in that name for me for several years now?  Between my sales in my Etsy store of various things and sales on eBay for several years as well (braydenbugsmom), my true love of crafting miniatures with thread has actually helped fund both my hobbies, a few Christmas gifts, the KitchenAid mixer on my counter that makes the best bread and homemade noodles in the world as well as various other little things...oh, and there was a week long trip to Vegas as well that was financed by, yes, a spool of thread and a teeny-tiny crochet hook.  So, if all goes well and I get things to work properly, you should see photos of some of my many mini pretties.
And so there you have it.   Now you know the meaning behind "Minipretties" and where it all started.  I hope you enjoy the photos.

Have a wonderful day!  Maybe I'll be back again today, this is really kind of fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! So tiny and so perfect! I am blessed to have one of the tiny doilies. It sits under a glass paperweight on my window sill in the office area of my home and every time I dust the sill, I pick up the doily and examine the fineness of the exquisite work. Your fortunate friend, Claudia.

    ReplyDelete