Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Will we ever thaw out?

Really I'm just popping in here to voice my concerns over whether or not we will actually ever thaw out here in our little corner of Wyoming.  Just when we see a little glimmer of hope in the form of "mud" it is quickly swept away with a new dusting of snow.


Don't get me wrong though, I love the snow.  I love being snowed in.  I love the world around me being scrubbed clean by God's hand and given a bright shiny new coat of white paint.  However, I also love the beautiful flowers that somehow remain protected by their blankets of earth all through the bitter winters and every spring emerge with a long yawn and a sigh and rise above the mud to greet the world, almost as if they are waving from below to God above and saying, "Well, hello again, Sir."

When you live in this part of the country though, it seems that winter is exponentially drawn out and the timeframe avaible to those little flowers to pop up and make their grand appearance is far too short.  I am becoming overly anxious for flowers and gardening.  I am becoming a bit stir crazy, I must admit, and need to go outside and "play."  Recess is long overdue.  I need lilacs and daisies, pansies and crocus, daffodils and tulips, mums and roses.  I need, I need, I need.  I long for the smell and the sound of rain falling from the spring sky.  There is no smell with snow, though one can easily be lost in the serene quietness of its falling...at this point it is that serenity that is starting to drive me mad I believe.

So, if you have ever been to Wyoming in the spring, you can understand the following...Bring on the mud and dust, I am ready.

Here I have my treasury list for Etsy, all relative to spring today. Sensed Scents in Lavender

And, if you wanted to stop by and take a look, because I don't know how to really link ebay to my blog, I did finally list a few miniatures for auction.  Braydenbugsmom on eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment