Sunday, March 6, 2011

A normal day

I often wonder what a normal day is or is supposed to be.  How does one classify a day as being normal?

I was supposed to clean out the guest room this weekend.  Good thing I started on it on Friday because that is as far as that went.  I never even went back down to the basement at all this weekend.

Instead the weekend was filled with crocheted chicky-birds (chickens)
and trips to town, a little bit of work here and there (the kind that is for a paycheck), trying to straighten up our bedroom a little bit and fiddling with some new paper box patterns that were found late Friday night.

I wonder if it is my organazational skills, or lack there of, that prevent me from having a normal day.  I can make all the plans for the day that I want, even the whole weekend and for one reason or another, they just don't ever seem to get done.

The guest room, well, it will still be there next weekend.

The beds in the kid's rooms did get moved around today, so that is a step in the right direction.
We will be having new residents in the house in the next couple of weeks.  Brother-in-law and niece will be staying with us for a while and of course this is requiring some preparation work on our parts.  Tying to get started ahead of time on readying rooms rather than the last minute.

I am worried that if my days aren't normal now and I can't adhere to a to-do list, how will it be once we have two additional residents in the house?

I need a day off.
I have a really long list of things to do.
I need normal.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment